Friday, June 19, 2009

at least they followed for a little while...

When we woke up at Greta's on Wednesday morning Lyn and I started thinking that we wanted to start heading north instead of spending another night at Greta's. After a little bit of convincing...Greta, Alejandro and Fredo decided that they were going to join us in the Redwoods for the night! I was sooo excited that we were going to be able to camp and spend the day in the Redwoods with all of them!

Lyn and I left a little earlier and stopped by the Golden Gate Bridge.

Lyn and I got to the campsite about an hour before the rest of the gang. We started setting up camp and cooking burgers. When Greta, Alejandro and Fredo arrived we sat around the fire, ate dinner and talked.
The next day we woke up and cooked breakfast. We drove the scenic route to the Redwoods. I cannot believe the size of the trees! We hiked around Big Tree State Park and saw some of the most amazing things. We all felt like we were in Honey I Shrunk the Kids!









We even drove through a living tree. How crazy is that?!?


Greta, Alejandro and Fredo left us about 2 in the afternoon. As they headed south we started heading north into Oregon. The Oregon coast was beautiful. Lyn and I ate lunch on the beach and spent about an hour walking up the beach.






We found a campsite by the ocean in Dune City, Oregon. We had pasta for dinner and just relaxed for the night. Today we woke up and started heading to Columbia River Gorge to see the waterfalls. It started raining when we got to Portland, but we decided we weren't going to let the weather bother us. I am so glad that we still went because the waterfalls were amazing! Everything just keeps getting better and better...




1 comment:

  1. Lacey! Your trip looks amazing, and the pictures are so beautiful. It looks like you are having a great time - keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete