Wednesday, June 3, 2009

and the adventure begins...

Before writing about our day, I would like to thank my friends and family for their unconditional love and support. This past week has been nothing, but fun and a good time as we all celebrated my move to Alaska. I will miss all of you and will see you Christmas! Love you guys!
This morning we were greeted by some of the neighbors as we were departing on our adventure. We said our good-byes and see you laters, headed to Cresta’s …and 11 hours later we arrived at our destination in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We took the scenic route and it was beautiful. The mountains were breathtaking and the waterfalls were amazing. On our way up we stopped and had a picnic next to a lake. It was very peaceful and for the first time I started thinking about the road trip. We also played mini golf in Gatlinburg and Lyn killed me (I thought you guys were supposed to teach him that he is supposed to let me win sometimes?) It started raining so we decided to get a hotel for the night instead of roughing it in the wet outdoors.
Today was incredible and I hope that the days to come are just as good, if not better today. . .









7 comments:

  1. Well it's day 2 (almost 3) and you have not killed each other yet...that is a good sign!! Love you both and miss you both already!
    Love always,
    Cresta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a sweet picture of you too. Hopefully there wont be any pictures of yall killing eachother. haha Cant wait to see more pics and hear about your trip. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a very good first leg of your trip. It's very quiet here and we are going into Detox after the past week and a half! We love you both, be safe, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacey, I'm already missing you - Christmas is so far away. I'm happy you are enjoying the scenery and all that this trip has to offer. Enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! On your way to Alaska! Sounds like a great trip already. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love.....Ron & Dar

    ReplyDelete
  6. PLEASE tell me you played Hillbilly Golf on the Mountain in Gatlinburg! Gillian played there too with Chris and I grew up on that course! Sorry I missed your call...I got it after you guys had already left town. Hope it was beautiful!
    LOVE YOU SPACEY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad the first almost week has gone so well. It sounds like an amazing adventure. I love you and miss you. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete